Grosswallstadt in Northern Bavaria: a Destination for Sports
Located in the Miltenberg County in Lower Franconia
Grosswallstadt has 4,100 inhabitants and can be reached easily by car via highway A3 and the 4-lane expressway B469 from Frankfurt, Würzburg or Munich. The main station in Aschaffenburg, a stop for ICE speed trains, is a short 20-minute car drive/bus ride away. A 45-minute drive will take you to Frankfurt International Airport (FRA).
The Business-Sporthotel Grosswallstadt - 3***-superior Hotel
- Handball Performance Center of the HBRU (Handball Region Untermain)
- Training Center of the Handball Club TV Grosswallstadt (2nd Federal League)
- Base for BHV (Bavarian Handball Association) and DHB (German Handball League)
- International Handball Training Camp (Clubs from Iceland, Switzerland, Japan, Ukraine, etc.)
- Venue for 8-Bavarian-Counties-Championship in 2016,2017, and 2018
- Venue for European Championship C Division IWRF
- (International Wheelchair Rugby Federation) and
- Champions League Wheelchair-Rugby in 2017
Training Camp Opportunities for
Volleyball / Badminton
Training Camp Facilities include:
- 2 x 3-field sports halls;
- (Hall #1 is permitted for resin use, and has a visitors’ gallery seating 150 people);
- Both multiple fields sports halls are barrier-free;
- Both multiple fields sports halls have separately controlled wall-mounted timekeeping clocks;
- 4 changing rooms with shower facilities;
- Weight room (use included in training camp arrangements);
- 3 conference rooms for match analyses;
- The sports halls are built slightly below the surface level. This unique design ensures comfortably cool temperatures even during summer heat;
- The halls can be divided by a moveable wall, and, therefore, are ideal even for smaller training session groups;
- All halls can only be accessed with appropriate indoor sports shoes;
- The use of glass bottles, etc. is prohibited on the entire lower level.
Total number of rooms: 59, of which 43 are double rooms (27 with Twin beds), 6 single rooms and 10 triple rooms. All rooms are equipped with a shower/WC and have access to WLan and SKY Sport Channel (at no charge), all beds are extra long (2.1 m / 83”).
Fill-board and half-board meals are served in buffet style in the breakfast/conference lounge (see Training Camp Arrangements for details).
For chilling out in the evenings, our restaurant bar, the conservatory/winter garden or the terrace invite to unroll the day together.
- 2 beach handball / beach volleyball courts;
- 2 soccer grass courts;
- 1 artificial turf court;
- 1 tartan all-purpose track;
- 1 running track;
- Skater course.
Other Recreational Facilities
- Outdoor pool Grosswallstadt (clad with stainless steel) featuring:
- A 25m competition pool;
- Separate diving pool with 5m diving board;
- Current canal;
- 58m long giant slide;
- Natural swimming lake with sand beach;
- Boccia and boule area;
- Canoe pier;
- Maintalsauna (sauna and wellness center) – hotel guests will receive discounts;
- Mountain bike circular route (ca. 30 km/19 miles) in neighboring town.